Hostel Health Tip
How to keep your posts the optimum length
- Twitter restricts posts to 140 characters - the ideal post is between 71 and 100 (17% higher engagement in this range)
- Facebook allows more characters but the ideal is less - only 40 - this leads to an 86% increase in engagement
- Google + after your header use around 60 - ideally your lead in sentence is inticing
- Blog posts and articles - keep your opening paragraphs between 40-55 characters and use a larger font.
- Keep hashtags to around 6 characters if you can
- Use short messages, such as visual images and tweeting promotions.
- Facebook visitors spend an average of 20 minutes online each day, and Instagram users spend twice as much time as those on Twitter.